- Posting Date
- Oct 29, 2012
- Jan 6, 2013
- Position Type
- Red Deer
Description / Qualifications
Red Deer, AB Parkland
Community Planning Services (PCPS) is a unique community consulting firm providing a variety of planning services to an expanding client base. The organization serves as an extension to the Planning Department for 17 member municipalities throughout Central Alberta in addition to working on a diversity of planning projects with other public and private sector clients, either as a direct partner or as a member of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
The Planner position will act as a community planning consultant and requires a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced professional who is a demonstrated self-starter that can help grow and develop the practice. The role is designed for an individual capable of managing a diverse range of planning projects, while navigating the complexities and unique aspects of each individual client. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships is paramount to the role’s success.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a talented individual with an entrepreneurial motivation and driven to provide the highest quality of service with a general emphasis on client relations, policy development, project management and business development. Our client expectations are high, as are ours. As such, the ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Be capable of integrating their skills among multiple disciplines.
• Embrace an integrated and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Be committed to ongoing professional development.
• Have the ability to help clients develop and deliver their priorities.
• Have a combination of municipal and private sector planning experience, however the candidate that is the best fit will be considered regardless of previous experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Planner Position” in the subject line. Please note that this position will remain open until filled.
Only those applicants selected for further screening will be contacted