- Posting Date
- Nov 20, 2012
- Jan 3, 2013
- Position Type
- Lethbridge, AB
Description / Qualifications
The County of Lethbridge is a Municipal District in Southern Alberta with an Agriculturally driven economy. We are an innovative and prosperous community offering a healthy quality of life. Through sound, effective leadership; our focus is to provide services based on developing strong relationships with our citizens.
This CHALLENGING position will be responsible for all planning and development within the County, while working closely with other municipal departments. The County is seeking an experienced professional with a strong understanding of development planning who is adaptable, flexible, and interested in continuous learning. Reporting to the Director of Community and Legislative Services.
• Focus will be on development planning, including the development authority role
• Review, administer, and approve development permits and land-use bylaw amendments
• Provide information to the general public regarding development services
• Attend council meetings and make presentations on statutory plans and re-zoning
• Degree in planning or related field, along with 5-7 years of progressive experience
• Superior communications skills
• Candidate of Full member of the Canadian Institute of Planners/Alberta Professional Planners Institute preferred
• Previous experience with GIS software an asset
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Long term stability and growth
• Collaborative team environment
• An opportunity to develop and implement proactive planning policies and practices
Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
Please send resume to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those considered will be contacted. Please visit www.lethcounty.ca to learn more about the County of Lethbridge.