Amplify your achievements!
As part of our Strategic Plan—1,835 Days of Impact, CIP is committed to providing Career Support for Life to our members! Think about all the achievements you’ve earned in your lifetime: completing a certification or training program, joining a professional association, getting your degree, or receiving recognition for a job well done. A digital credential, or badge, pulls these achievements together to show people what you know and can do. We are proud to partner with Credly to provide you with digitally verifiable badges that can be shared with pride and recognize your planning career achievements.
What is Credly?
Credly is a digital badging platform, which issues and manages digital credentials. It works with credible organizations to provide custom badges to individuals worldwide (including the American Planning Association).
What is a digital badge?
A badge issued through Credly is a digital representation of a learning outcome, experience, or competency. Badges can be shared and verified online in a way that is easy and secure. They contain detailed information that provides context around what exactly was achieved, which organization recognizes the achievement, and the individual who earned the recognition.
What are the benefits?
- Easily manage, share, and celebrate your achievements
- Secure verification adds credibility, as CIP is the issuing organization for all its badges
- Connect and build your network with other CIP members and planning professionals across the country and globe
The following badges are now available:
Members of the Canadian Institute of Planners
- All MCIP® eligible members (e.g., RPP, LPP, urbaniste)
- Candidate members of CIP
CIP Board and Committee Volunteers
- CIP Board Members (2023/2024 term)
- CIP Student Representatives
- Plan Canada Editorial Committee (2023 term)
Scholarship, Bursary, and Award Recipients
- Fellows of the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Emerging Planner and Young Planner Award Recipients
- CIP/ICU Planning Student Trust Fund (CIP-PSTF) Recipients
Emerging Leaders Program
- Participants who successfully completed the 2021/2022 program
CIP National Conference Presenters
- 2022 and 2023 Conference Presenters
How do I receive a Credly badge?
If you have been issued a badge through Credly, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to accept your badge.
- Click the button in the email.
- Create and confirm your Credly account.
- Accept your badge and start sharing!
Watch this tutorial video for more information about how to accept your CIP digital badge:
Can I share my badge?
Yes! Badges can easily be linked and shared in a digitally verifiable format in the following ways:
- LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Email signatures
- Embedded into a personal or professional website
Watch this tutorial video for more information about how to share your digital badge:
Contact email@example.com for any questions related to digital badges.
Looking for support or tutorials from Credly? Visit support.credly.com.