On November 1, CIP, in partnership with the Provincial and Territorial Institutes and Associations (PTIAs), proudly announced the full launch of a new and improved shared Member Area and Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) system. We are delighted to release this new system as a benefit to our members and the larger planning ecosystem.
Below is important information about accessing the new Member Area.
Login | Renewals | Professional Liability Insurance | Continuous Professional Learning | Features & Benefits
Password and Login Information
Members will need to set a password the first time they access the Member Area. The login access point is now the same for both the CIP and PTIA Member Areas.
How to Log in
- Go to the Member Area login page for CIP or your PTIA
- Click “Forgot Password”
- Enter your primary email on file with CIP or your PTIA and click submit.
- You will receive an email from MPower. Click the link provided to set your password
How to Renew
Renewal notices for 2023 will be sent by email to CIP and PTIA members according to the following schedule:
|CIP November 2
The email will include a unique link to renew your membership and PLI. This new and improved way to renew should take less than a few minutes to complete!
OPPI members will now be able to renew their OPPI and CIP memberships through one integrated renewal process and a single invoice which will be sent by OPPI.
Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) and Renewals
Members with PLI coverage have recently been notified by email about some important changes for purchasing Professional Liability Insurance this year.
For Members with PLI Coverage
- To maintain your insurance and avoid any gaps in coverage, you must either complete your PLI premium payment or indicate your intention to pay, before December 31, 2022. This is done by selecting one of two payment options in Step 4 of the new renewal process. Click either ‘Pay by Credit Card’ to pay now, or ‘Pay by Cheque/Invoice’ to indicate your intention to pay at a later date.
- Before you can purchase PLI for 2023, you will be required to respond to two questions which will be included in your renewal letter. Depending on your response to these questions, some action may be required. However, this response should not impact your ability to secure or renew your insurance policy.
On October 26, CIP held an important webinar with CIP’s insurance broker BMS to review the updated process. Members requiring professional liability insurance who did not attend the live webinar can view it on the CIP Learning Hub here.
Continuous Professional Learning (CPL)
The new system for recording CPL units has changed for Full/Certified and Candidate Members. To help you navigate the new process, we have created a video tutorial to walk you through the various steps of the process.
For questions about your CPL requirements, or for any discrepancies in your member account, please contact your PTIA.
The new Member Area provides easy access to several important features including:
- Updating contact information and communication preferences
- Indicating areas of specialization and interest
- Accessing invoices for membership fees and events
- Downloading Professional Liability Insurance certificates for Full/Certified Members
- Viewing and recording CPL learning units for Full/Certified and Candidate Members
- Links to other CIP services such as The Learning Hub, Plan Canada, CIP Events Calendar, and the Job Board
If you have any questions or issues about the new Member Area, please contact CIP’s membership department at email@example.com or 800.207.2138 x 203